- Highly absorbable
- Improves red blood cell health and structure
- Helps improve anemia
- Perfect for teens with poor diet
- Promotes healthy menses
- Iron bis-glycinate (Ferrochel®): Ferrochel® have been shown in studies to increase and maintain blood levels of iron, while being gentle to the stomach and colon. Ferrochel® Iron is a superior bioavailable (easily absorbed) form of this essential mineral. As a result, your body receives more iron. Iron is crucial to the body’s oxygen supply, in regards to hemoglobin (the red blood cell’s oxygen-carrying component), and myoglobin (which helps muscle cells store oxygen). After extensive testing and a review by a panel of food safety experts, Ferrochel® has been designated by the FDA as generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
- Folate: Folate is important for the growth and reproduction of red and white blood cells and is a water-soluble B vitamin that converts in the body to the coenzyme tetrahydrofolic acid (THFA) by accepting and donating single carbon groups. This conversion requires magnesium which the vast majority of individuals are deficient in. This is referred to as “one-carbon metabolism”, a vital step in the process of DNA formation. THFA is involved in a number of additional key metabolic reactions. It supports the healthy metabolism of amino acids, particularly the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Furthermore, folic acid functions with vitamin B12 in the breakdown and utilization of proteins. FerriMend provides the form of Folate as methyl-tetrahydrofolate, so this conversion is not required by the body*
- Ferrochel® Vs. Ferrous Sulfate: The most common sources of inorganic iron are ferrous sulfate or ferrous fumerate. Inorganic forms such as these are poorly utilized and have a percent absorption range between 2-14%. In addition, the oral administration of these types of iron can cause gastric discomfort, nausea, constipation, and diarrhea. To avoid these problems a patented form of iron glycine was developed using state of the art technology. Ferrochel® is a true amino acid chelate that has demonstrated superior bioavailability and exceptional tolerance by most individuals. Ferrochel®, is better absorbed, utilized and tolerated then other forms of iron. A recent study of anemic adolescents at INCAP (Institute of Nutrition for Central America and Panama), demonstrated that 30 mg of iron as Ferrochel® raised hemoglobin levels the same as 120 mg of ferrous sulfate. Ferrochel® was four times more bioavailable and demonstrated a 70-75% absorption rate. Furthermore, with a dose of 30 mg no negative side effects were noted and at the larger dosage tested (150 mg), fifty percent fewer complaints were registered when compared to those individuals taking the ferrous sulfate supplements.
- Safety of Ferrochel®: Both long term animal studies and LD50 tests were conducted using high doses of Ferrochel® and the results demonstrated that this form of iron is less toxic than ferrous sulfate. In fact, research indicates that Ferrochel® is between 3-10 times less toxic than this common form of iron. Ferrochel® is a unique patented form of iron glycine that appears to be highly regulated by the body. Once Ferrochel® binds with the mucosal lining in the small intestines, it remains there until it is required by the body. If the iron is not required in a reasonable amount of time it is harmlessly passed out of the body via the normal shedding of the mucosal lining of the intestines.
- Methylcobalamin: B12 in this formula is provided as methylcobalamin, the most bioavailable form of this vitamin, as it does not require intrinsic factor for absorption. Methylcobalamin is also the principal circulating form of cobalamin in the body. Vitamin B12’s primary functions are in the formation of red blood cells and the maintenence of a healthy nervous system. B12 is necessary for the rapid synthesis of DNA during cell division. This is especially important in tissues where cells are dividing rapidly, particularly the bone marrow tissues responsible for red blood cell formation. If B12 deficiency occurs, DNA production is disrupted and abnormal cells called megaloblasts occur. This results in anaemia.*
- Inulin: According to recent research conducted by researchers from USDA’s Agricultural Research Service, Inulin might help people absorb more iron from their food. The results of this research were reported in the Jan. 2008 issue of Agricultural Research. Researchers from the U.S. Plant, Soil, and Nutrition Laboratory, and Cornell University showed that young pigs fed corn and soy-based diets supplemented with Inulin absorbed more iron from their feed than pigs fed the same diet without Inulin. “Without inulin, the colon absorbs very little iron from staple plant-based foods such as soybeans and corn because they contain high amounts of phytic acid that inhibit iron absorption,” said Ross Welch, plant physiologist, Agricultural Research Service. He notes that young pigs were used in the study due to the fact that “they’re an excellent model for studying human iron nutrition. Their gastrointestinal tract anatomy and digestive physiology are very similar to those in humans.”
One vegetable capsule contain:
- 50 mg Iron bis-glycinate (Ferrochel™)
- 350 mg Inulin
- 500 mg Folic acid (as Methyl-tetryhydrofolate)
- 1000 mg B 12 (as Methylcobalamin)
Bio-Charged Crystalloid Electrolytes
Bio-Charged Crystalloid Electrolytes are derived from a proprietary process, are all natural, and are in the state in which minerals exist within plants. In nature, when water cascades over rocks picking up minerals from the soil, larger colloidal minerals are formed. Subsequently, when plants take up these minerals they are changed into more usable monoatomic crystalloid form. Because of their minute size, Bio-Charged Crystalloid Electrolytes can boost absorption, thereby rapidly influencing hydration, energy production and elimination of cellular waste. These electrolytes also increase the delivery of oxygen to the cells to achieve and maintain peak function and cellular response. The Bio-Charged Crystalloid Electrolytes found in LyteSorb include: Magnesium, Copper, Iodine, Manganese, Zinc, Potassium, Cobalt, Sodium, Selenium, Chromium, Silicon, and Boron.*